Orange County Franchisor Attorney
My name is Janet Martin, and as an Orange County franchisor lawyer I provide comprehensive advice and representation to franchisors located throughout Southern California. I have served as in-house counsel for a major, international franchisor, have more than 30 years of legal experience, and have handled virtually every legal issue or situation that can affect a franchise.
Franchising A Business In Southern California
With extensive domestic and international franchise experience and a strong understanding of the practical issues that affect franchisors, I am equipped to effectively answer questions about California Franchise Law and address all franchisor-related legal needs for prospective and established franchisors. My services are custom-tailored to the goals of individual clients and encompass topics to franchise your company such as:
- Systemizing your business: I advise with the planning and legal requirements that must be met as you begin to systemize your business and develop a franchise.
- Creation of the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD): includes preparation of the Franchise Agreement, and all related agreements, which can be used in all 50 states. There are some exceptions to the FDD creation requirement when selling a franchise.
- Prepare and File Applications for Franchise Registration in all 14 registration states, including several additional states requiring Notice Filings. This would include all correspondence with State examiners, and required modifications.
- Prepare and File Annual Franchise Registration Renewals.
- Prepare and File all Franchise Registration Amendments.
- Trademarks: Prepare and File all US Trademark applications, maintain existing US Trademark registrations, including required affidavit filings; act as liaison for foreign trademark applications and maintenance.
- Trademark Infringement: Address any unauthorized trademark infringements or potential infringements.
- Master Franchise Agreements: For use in franchising in other countries, or as a way to sublicense in the U.S.
- Area Development Agreements: Also used in foreign countries or the US, as a method to sell blocks of franchises at once, or to sublicense.
- Transfer and Termination assistance and documentation: including identifying and resolving violations.
- Dispute resolution, collections and enforcement: I identify cost effective litigation alternatives that can benefit my clients. If litigation becomes necessary to protect my clients’ interests, I use my decades of experience to create effective legal arguments on their behalf. I have significant case enforcement experience with the American Arbitration Association, and am a certified arbitrator.
- Subsidiary formations: creation of additional entities for expansion, including maintenance of all corporate minutes.
- Due diligence in purchasing existing franchise systems: including creation of the Asset Purchase Agreement.
- Drafting and reviewing all Franchisor contracts: (vendors, hotels, marketing, etc).
- Creation of all Franchisee correspondence and settlement agreements.