My name is Janet Martin, and for more than 25 years I have served the needs of franchisees and franchisors in Orange County and throughout California. Whether you are developing a franchise, selling a franchise, running a mature franchise system or anything in between, my experience, proven legal strategies and pragmatic representation will benefit your business.
Experienced Franchise Counsel | Custom-Tailored Services
After working as an in-house attorney for an international franchise company, I opened my own firm so that I could provide clients with the dedicated franchise representation they need, and the personal attention they deserve. My extensive knowledge of franchise law encompasses the issues that commonly affect both franchisors and franchisees, and comes from having an in-depth understanding of the inner workings of franchises. This allows me to offer comprehensive representation and practical solutions to all of my clients, no matter what type of franchise matter they face. This includes:
- Prospective franchisors: I assist with the complete creation of the Franchise Disclosure Documents (FDD) and registration process for new franchisors. I also provide guidance regarding practical operations, lease negotiation, trademark filings, transfer and termination situations, collections, legal issues, and ongoing strategy.
- Prospective franchisees: For prospective franchisees, I review the FDD and offer straightforward advice about what franchisees should — and should not — expect, provide business entity formation and document services, and investigate the background of franchise companies.
- Existing franchisees: As an Orange County franchise lawyer, I address potential legal issues, analyze the franchise agreement, and provide practical and efficient alternatives and objective advice concerning the situations facing existing franchisees.
Other States: I also provide registration services for any Franchise Registration States across the US
"Attorney Janet Martin performed an exceptional, highly knowledge and timely turnaround on our Franchise Disclosure Document and Franchise Agreement. Her knowledge of franchise law was exceptional." See what Janet's Clients Have To Say
"Ms. Martin has consistently shown a great depth of understanding of franchising and franchise law." See what Janet's Peers Have to Say
Quality Product, Fast Turnaround, Fair Price!
When working with franchisors, franchisees and business clients with other legal needs, I attempt to quote a rate as early as possible so that my clients know from the outset how much my services will cost. I pride myself on responding promptly to all client correspondence, which is a part of my overall focus on providing efficient, client-focused representation. Business professionals need additional services such as:
- Family Trust Agreements
- Business Planning and Advisory Services
- Entity Selection and Business Formation
- Protection of Intellectual Property / Trademarks
- Contract Creation, Negotiation and Review
I accept credit cards, and offer payment plans that fit individual client's budgets. For client convenience, I offer evening and weekend appointment upon request.
Contact A Southern California Business Franchise Lawyer to schedule a consultation, call 949-415-2677 or contact me online.